My Thoughts on Technology and Jamaica: How to Make Edible Chocolate Bowls for Ice Cream that Satisfy

Tuesday, September 16, 2014

How to Make Edible Chocolate Bowls for Ice Cream that Satisfy

Making Ice Cream on a lazy Sunday afternoon is always a task that I love, especially when I have the ingredients on hand and loathe buying Ice Cream. This is why I love Christmas so much, as I get to eat as much Chocolate and Ice Cream as I desire!

Especially if it’s Ben and Jerry’s Satisfy My Bowl Ice Cream in a tip of the Hat and fitting tribute on Bob Marley’s 70th Birthday and the 30th Anniversary of his album Legend as described in my blog article entitled “Ben and Jerry's Bob Marley-themed Satisfy My Bowl Ice Cream flavour - 30th Anniversary Tribute to Bob Marley's Legend for his 1Love Foundation”.

My version of Chocolate Ice Cream Glows-in-the-Dark and is made thanks to the wonder of the US$25.95 Zoku Ice Cream Bowl as described in my blog article entitled “How to make Glow-In-The Dark Ice Cream from Scratch - US$25.95 Zoku Ice Cream Bowl makes Avatar The Last Airbender Frozen Novelties”.

But ever so often, when I do buy Ice Cream in Swallowfield, I usually opt to buy a JA$200 Tub of Ice Cream and with some extra-large Chocolate Chip Cookies, make some Chocolate Chip Ice Cream Sandwich, a Sunday Favourite as detailed in my blog article entitled “How Singles Cook on a Budget - Vegetable Ring Fried Eggs, Bacon in a Pancake Blanket and Chocolate Chip Ice Cream Sandwich”.

One thing I hate though it the fact that after eating Ice Cream in Swallowfield where I live near to the National Stadium and even when I’m back home in Milk River, Clarendon, is the fact that I have to clean up. I mean, not the Zoku Ice Cream Bowl, as that’s to make the Ice Cream. Rather, I’m referring to the Bowl and plates that I have to wash up after whipping up a good batch of Ice Cream.

So why not make the Bowls edible? Folks, hang tight, ‘cause if you’re a true chocoholic and you loved my Glow-in-The-Dark Iced Coffee Chocolate Milk as described in my blog article entitled “How to Make Glow-in-The-Dark Iced Coffee Chocolate Milk – How Coffee can be made healthy for Children”, then you’re gonna love this my latest DIY (Do It Yourself) that’ll be a hit for Christmas 2014.

How to Make Edible Chocolate Bowls for Ice Cream – Satisfy My Bowl that’s Sweet to Eat

Yes, this is a lot like having an Ice Cream cone, but made of Chocolate as shown below.

But instead of a flat bland taste, it’s made of chocolate. And the ingredients needed are quite simple:

1.      Pack of Small Balloons
2.      Air Pump
3.      Large Plastic Container
4.      12 oz of Dark Chocolate
5.      Stainless Steel Non Stick Pot
6.      Stainless Steel Tray
7.      Aluminium Foil or Grease Paper
8.      Glass Mixing Bowl
9.      Cooking Thermometer


The instructions are simple:

1.      Get a pack of Balloons and an Air Pump
2.      Blow up the Balloons using the Air Pump
3.      Place the Balloons in a Large Plastic Container so that they don’t burst or drift away and get Dirty
4.      Melt the 12 oz of Dark Chocolate using a Stainless Steel Non Stick Pot
5.      Set a Stainless Steel Tray covered with Aluminium Foil or Grease Paper
6.      Pour the melted Dark Chocolate into a Glass Mixing Bowl
7.      Wait until the Dark Chocolate has cooled to 40◦C (104◦F)
8.      Take each balloon and dip in the warm Dark Chocolate and twirl the balloon, coating the bottom of the Balloon
9.      Take a spoon and place a dollop of melted Dark Chocolate onto the Aluminium Foil or Grease Paper
10.  Place the balloon previous dipped in melted Chocolate onto the dollop of melted Dark Chocolate onto the Aluminium Foil or Grease Paper
11.  Repeat for the other Balloons
12.  Let them cool until hard
13.  Pop the balloons and Voila! Instant Edible Chocolate Bowls for Ice Cream!

That it folks!

With these Edible Chocolate Bowls for Ice Cream, you just eat the bowl and no messy bowl to wash up afterwards. Best of all, it a great excuse to blow some balloons and in fact is a great segue for a Hydrogen Filled Floating Balloon Project. But that’s for another time. Ciao!



No comments: