My Thoughts on Technology and Jamaica: The Jamaica Gleaner Paywall and the Jamaica Observer makeover - Affiliate Advertising and Sponsored Articles coming to My Thoughts on Technology and Jamaica

Friday, January 10, 2014

The Jamaica Gleaner Paywall and the Jamaica Observer makeover - Affiliate Advertising and Sponsored Articles coming to My Thoughts on Technology and Jamaica

By now you’ve begun to encounter the familiar Paywall on the Jamaica Gleaner website as I’d mentioned in my blog article entitled “The Jamaica Gleaner’s US$9.99 Paywall goes live on Thursday January 2nd 2014 - News is no longer free as Tomorrow Never Dies for The Paper Man” whenever you access anything aside from the following, which of course are STILL free:

1.      Latest News
2.      Galleries
3.      Cartoons
4.      Videos
5.      Puzzles

Very frustrating, especially if you’ve exhausted you fifteen (15) article quota! So far I’ve been unable to find any successful way around it, despite my suggestion to clear Cookies as listed in my blog article entitled “Haiti's Surtab SA and Handxom SA making 7-inch Tablet to supply Digicel - Pengelley's Tablets need Cheap Electricity for Plants to make LED, Li-Ion Batteries and Solar Panels”.

Seems as if the only way is to pony up the US$9.99 (basically JA$1000) per month to read the Jamaica Gleaner. A better way to look at it; it’s cheaper than buying it daily for the same thirty (30) day period, which would cost JA$3600!


So, indeed, yes, despite this inconvenience, it’s only fair! But I haven’t given up, as there is definitely a way to get past the paywall; it’s just a matter of HTML! More on that later!

I know; every time the paywall message comes up, I quickly switch to the Jamaica Observer, despite the questionable Journalistic Standards and Bias towards anything Gordon “Butch” Stewart want published or axed.

They haven’t gone Paywall, but they’ve put on a new dress for 2014. The layout of the Jamaica Observer has changed decidedly for the better and personally I like it. I’m still partial to the Jamaica Gleaner, especially the fact that you can play their versions of Cloud mini-Games as described in my Geezam blog article entitled “The Jamaica Gleaner now has Cloud Based Games on its website”.


Here’s a snapshot of the Jamaica Observer Website.
Hopefully the Jamaica Observer will eventually put up a paywall on their website. This has gotten me thinking about taking suggestions posted by some of my fans of My Thoughts on Technology and Jamaica to introduce Affiliate Marketing and Direct Marketing on my blog as well as Sponsored Articles.


After all, I do put a lot of thought into my writing and I need financial support to continue blogging, as it does cost money to go online to do research and write my Thoughts! To that end, I’ve decided to start making an advertising package for my blog. Not quite a paywall, but it will at least monetize my website and start making some money to at least cover maintenance of my blog. 
Now that I’ve gotten my Payoneer Prepaid Debit Card from MasterCard as described in my blog article entitled “Payoneer, the US based Prepaid MasterCard Debit Card - How E-Commerce MSME's, Online workers and Reggae or Dancehall Artiste can receive money via Paypal and spend it in Jamaica” on Thursday January 9th 2014, after applying on Monday December 2nd 2013 for #ecommerce purposes, I’ll be doing exactly that!

Folks, look out for advertisements in the Jamaica Sunday Gleaner in the Classifieds Section for this unique offer to advertise on my Blog My Thoughts on Technology and Jamaica to advertise and write Sponsored Articles #NewYearsResolution.

Stay Tuned for more on my adventures into E-Commerce on my Blog My Thoughts on Technology and Jamaica! Click on this link to view my Advertising and Marketing Offer for My blog.

No comments: